Old 12-13-2004, 11:54 AM   #31
Ang_3_72
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to Ang_3_72
Thank you, Amy for the suggestions.
I don't even know what a double needle is for, so my answer would be no. :? I think I will finish my straight lined scarf before trying anything fancy.

Ang
Ang_3_72 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-20-2004, 06:19 PM   #32
JessicaSant
1st Leg of the Journey

Book reviews
I think a "Book Reviews" forum would be great. There's SO many knitting books out there -- it'd be great to have a place where I could see what books other people are reading or using and what they thought of them. Amazon is good -- but its always nice to hear a review from people you "know".

(and hey -- the more book links you have to Amazon, Amy -- the better chance you'll have at getting a kick back, right?)
JessicaSant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 06:53 PM   #33
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

one thing that would be the coolest is taking a pattern and "decoding" it row by row... linking videos where needed.
Nuno930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:03 PM   #34
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Jessica, I've sort of attempted a mini-review of several popular books. I just put these book links/reviews up on the free patterns page. Since most of the books are pattern books, I figured I'd stick them there for now. Maybe one day I'll give them their own page!

Nuno, I have actually done that with three patterns. They make for huge videos, unfortunately, which are too big to put on this site! I have included them, however, in a "Bonus CD" that I include with the site CD.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:15 PM   #35
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Quote:
Nuno, I have actually done that with three patterns. They make for huge videos, unfortunately, which are too big to put on this site! I have included them, however, in a "Bonus CD" that I include with the site CD.
that is awesome Amy! The CD was on my list to buy after the holidays anyway! Any idea how muc you will be charging for it after the holidays?
Nuno930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:35 PM   #36
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Nuno,

I just re-read your earlier post, and I'll just clarify this so I'm not misleading you....

The videos on the Bonus CD are "start to finish" project videos. They show three projects from cast-on to bind-off. They are not in written format, so I don't show the pattern "line by line." But the instructions are clear, and a link to the patterns is provided for the two projects that need a written pattern.

The CD prices will go up sometime after Dec. 31st. Probably to $25. Or I may sell the CD for $20, and the Bonus projects seperately. Still working it out....

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote