Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Media Player seems to be quirky with some videos
It's been brought to my attention, and I've confirmed this, that some videos are acting quirky in Media Player. I'm not sure if it's just a few or most videos.

What's happening is that when you play the video for the first time, it cuts off before finishing. But if you close the window and try the video a second time, it works and plays all the way through, no problem. The video will work fine from then on, unless you clear your cache, then you'll have to play it twice again. A couple examples of this are the SSP videos on the decrease page.

If anyone figures out a solution for this, please let me know! It seems to be browser-related, because the original files that are on my computer play fine in Media Player, and I've uploaded them twice. It seems that Media Player only acts up when used online, via Internet Explorer (possibly other browsers too).

Is this happening to people? Do you know if it's a lot of the videos, or just a couple? For now, until a solution presents itself, I am recommending people view the videos in Quicktime. Although it's certainly possible to use Media Player still, just occasionally annoying. ...It's most bizarre!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote