Old 01-18-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
christine
Ribbing the Cuff

Scored !! circular needles for 99 cents
My friend who goes to second hand shops has gotten me into looking at these stores for my knitting needles. I have three thrift stores that I stop in regularly to see what kinds of needles they have. For weeks there hasn't been anything . . . but today score! They had several circular needles all ranging from .25 to 1.29. Granted that they were mainly 16 inch 6, 7, & 10's, but I just had to have them. The clerk decided that they were all priced wrong and rung them all up for 99 cent apeice. Now to find matching sized DP.

Christine
christine is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #2
Marnie
1st Leg of the Journey

That IS a score. I love 16" circulars, they are just perfect for hats

Congrats
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:15 AM   #3
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Christine, I love your avatar image! So cute! Are those your kids?

Those are all great size needles to have. Congratulations on getting a steal!

I just bought a pair of Addi Turbo 16" circulars. I've never tried out Addi's before, as much as I've heard them raved about, because I could never afford them, and I liked my Boyes just fine. But I figured it's time to give them a go. I just did a little testing the Addi's out, by wrapping yarn over them and sliding it back and forth on the needle, to see how smooth it felt. I compared it to my Boyes, and I have to say, much to my surprise, I could totally tell the difference! The Boyes, which I've always considered to feel very smooth and slippery, felt almost bumpy by comparison. It's wild! I had no idea! I can't wait to try them out for real, on a hat project I'm planning.

...Not to try to sell anyone on them. I've gone this many years, loving knitting, with all my other kinds of needles. I can't yet say that I'm an Addi "convert." But I'm really curious to play with my new toy! I feel like I'm about to test drive a Ferrari or something! LOL

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:41 AM   #4
PiousPoet
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to PiousPoet
Very interesting. Make sure to post your opinion once they are put to use please.
PiousPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:11 AM   #5
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Will do!

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
Marnie
1st Leg of the Journey

I love my Addis. They are amazing needles, but they are definitely a luxury item.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
christine
Ribbing the Cuff

couldn't wait for a new project
so i tranfered my current hat to the new needles. I think that I am in love. I was using wooden clover ones--wow what a difference the boyd's make. I am not sure about knitting on striaights with metal--keep dropping stitches.

Christine
PS Yes Amy these two cuties are my babies, but they are getting a bit big to rock. The picture is from our christmas card this year.
christine is offline   Reply With Quote