Old 12-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #11
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Sure!

It's also different for ribbing. I'll put it up eventually, or when I get a request!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-03-2004, 04:15 AM   #12
earthling
Casting On

Hello all,
I would like to see how knit with more than one color, preferably to form a vertical stripes pattern. Thanks.
Earthling
earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
victorious
Casting On

I taught myself to knit with this site ONLY!
I taught myself to knit with JUST this site.. I LOVE IT & have recommended it to friends. I taught myself (or learned from your videos, cast on, knit, purl, bind off) & proceeded to make my first 2 projects... 2 scarves.

I noticed my edges looked kinda crazy... but I attributed it to skill. After the second scarf also looked nutty.(even thought the stitching looked nice & neat) I searched your forum for tips on how to make my edges neater.

I found that I should have SLIPPED the first stitch in every row! Can't go back...but I think an ESSENTIAL TIPS section would be helpful.

I would suggest a tips section with the following:
- How to get neat scarf edges..slip stitch with a video.
- How to use circular needles...with a video on how to stop & start a new row. (I'd love to try a new pattern .. but I can't find anything on the web that shows me how to use those circular needles).
- changing colors video (even though the russian video shows the color change....it would be nice to see it knitted in or with 2 pieces of yarn. My weaving in of ends needs a LOT of work... I'm going to try that russian join on my next scarf.

THAT's about it for now... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :D
victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #14
ermaadkins
Casting On

knitting letters
I would like to see a video for knitting letters on a hat , i would like to make a hat for grandchildren with their School Colors. Erma [/b][/b]
ermaadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #15
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome Victorious & Ermaadkins!

Victorious, those are all great suggestions. I'll definitely do the slipped edge technique; I'll include it in the demo of how to knit a few rows on straight needles that I'll be doing. I'll probably do the video on joining colors that way too.

I do have a video on using circular needles. There's a few videos on knitting in the round. Hopefully they will address your questions.

Ermaadkins & Earthling, check out the videos on two-color knitting: fair isle and intarsia.

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:29 AM   #16
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Re: knitting letters
ermaadkins you can also knit letters w/o using more than one color by using a pattern from just knits and purl stitches (the knits will be the flat "background" and the purls will be the raised letter part). Here's the chart I used, but I don't know what the copyright issues are... http://members.aol.com/Val2571214/graphedalphabet.html

on the right side, knit the white squares and purl the green squares, and on the wrong side purl the whites and knit the greens... Easy!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #17
ermaadkins
Casting On

Thanks I went to your site and will give them a try.
Erma
ermaadkins is offline   Reply With Quote