Old 02-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
Looking for an easy sweater pattern
Free is good, easy is good because I am just a beginner, and I want something nice looking. I signed up for a knitting 2 class at my LYS and I think all their patterns are butt ugly or old lady looking. I want something where I can use a bulky yarn and have it turn out looking fabulous! Any ideas?

Suzie
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
JessicaSant
1st Leg of the Journey

Suzie-
I have this book Vogue Knitting on the Go: Chunky Knits. I have a picture of this cowl neck sleeveless sweater that I made.... I'll have to look for it.

It was a really easy pattern though. Chunky yarn, and it was just 2 pieces (front and back) seeing as though there were no sleeves.

The only stitches you needed (from what I remember)
were Knit, Purl, Decrease. Also, you had to pick up some stitches around the arm hole in order to give it a ribbed edge. But amy has some stuff on how to pick up stitches.

Anyway. There were a bunch of patterns in there, all chunky yarns, and they all have ratings (easy, intermediate, expert) and there were a bunch of easy ones. And more importantly, a bunch of cute easy ones.

PS, I sent you a private message, so check your box.
JessicaSant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
Chris
Ribbing the Cuff

I have had great success with "yankee knitter" patterns. I made their rollneck sweater, as a 2nd project and it was ok. They cost 4.00 at my LYS. Sweater looks like a jcrew rollneck!!
Good luck.
Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote