Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
foldedbird
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to foldedbird Send a message via MSN to foldedbird Send a message via Yahoo to foldedbird
Breast Cancer Awarness KAL--Great Beginners Project.
*screeches up with moving van*

Nuno, I can't *believe* you beat me to the new neighborhood!!! :x hehehe.

March's project on the blog has been moved back to KH, where we so rightly belong. See what's going to happen to the blog in a future post.

Now, lets get to the knitty-gritty. Below are the project guidelines.

Please check out this link:

http://karenelaine.typepad.com/appletini_time/

Karen is a wonderfully talented artist that's been featured on the Carol Duvall show quite a few times, and other shows as well I think. She's been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and her prognosis isn't very good. I have been very moved by her story, and have been following her blog for quite sometime.

So, here's what I'd like to do. I'd like to honor her, and other breast cancer victims by having a LOT of knitters knit up pink scarves to further raise awareness about breast cancer. I'd also like to have everyone submit pictures, and have some of them sent to Karen as special gifts to let her know that we care about this very important issue.

Here are a few guidelines for the scarves:
1. You may chose any pattern you wish, any yarn you wish. The only rule is that it has to be a shade of pink or purple. I'm saying purple is OK, because I believe Karen is a fan of purple.
2. There are lots of patterns out there for breast cancer awarness scarves, I'll provide links/book names later.
3. You don't *have* to submit your yarn to be sent to Karen, but I'd be tickled *pink* if you do.
4. The scarves need to be completed by April 1, 2005, and pictures need to be sent to deniseknits@gmail.com to be sent to Karen.
5. I'm gently asking if everyone can persuade 2 friends to join this knitalong and 5 friends to talk to their doctor about breast cancer.

I'd like to see as many folks join this knit a long as possible, so please help me with accomplishing this goal!

There were still be an alternate project for March for the more advanced knitters, but this is a GREAT project for you advanced folks to get 'newbies' involved in. Talk to your church group, your LYS, other blogs/forums you read, the PTA, your mom, your aunt, your sister, your 3rd cousin twice removed. And even your husbands! Guys knit, too.

Don't feel like knitting a scarf? Knit something else pink!
foldedbird is offline   Reply With Quote