Old 02-24-2005, 01:58 AM   #1
cozymoses
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to cozymoses Send a message via MSN to cozymoses Send a message via Yahoo to cozymoses
Oops...
Hi. I'm new to knitting, and I need to figure out what I did here and how to fix it. I appreciate this site and all you do! I use it all the time. I have attached a picture of my faux pas...

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	knit.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	19233  
cozymoses is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-24-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Re: Oops...
Originally Posted by cozymoses
Hi. I'm new to knitting, and I need to figure out what I did here and how to fix it. I appreciate this site and all you do! I use it all the time. I have attached a picture of my faux pas...

Thanks!
scratch that ...
see below...

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:23 AM   #3
Jouf
Knitting the Flap

EKG - I think she's talking about at the end of the row. Looks like a loop down there that was missed somehow or something. I don't know enough to help - but I know you or Yellowness or Amy or Egeria or one of you others out there will!!

Jouf
Jouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by Jouf
EKG - I think she's talking about at the end of the row. Looks like a loop down there that was missed somehow or something. I don't know enough to help - but I know you or Yellowness or Amy or Egeria or one of you others out there will!!

Jouf
Ah! I didn't even notice that...

Sorry ...

Well let's see...
You can fix it one of three ways:
1. You can rip out until you reach the row where the stitch was dropped and make sure that you include that stitch when you pick up the ripped sts.

2. You can "unknit" back to the row where the sts was dropped and pick it back up.

3. If it doesn't bother you, you can also seam the sts into the side. I wouldn't recommend that because it will mess up your st count, which could be an important factor later on in the patter.

If it were me, I would "unknit" back to pick up the dropped st.

Amy has some videos on fixing mistakes if you need a visual.

Hope that helps.

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:49 PM   #5
Tamar Dohel
Knitting the Flap

Hi,

I looked at the picture before reading your message and the first thing that I thought was "wow" whatever it is that you're knitting it will come out gorgeous! Beautiful yarn!

Sorry, that I have no helpful suggestions. I am a biginner too.

Tamar
Tamar Dohel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #6
cozymoses
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to cozymoses Send a message via MSN to cozymoses Send a message via Yahoo to cozymoses
In da Loop
Yes, it's the loop at the end of the whole thing that just showed up. I somehow don't think I dropped a stitch. I was watching TV when I was knitting, and when I looked at the row when I was done the very last stitch looked really messed up. So I started messing around with it, and eventually slipped it off to see what I could do. Then all of a sudden the unknit yarn was next to the SECOND to the last stitch, and that's when my brain exploded.

Thanks for the compliment on the yarn. It's a really great, cheap, commonplace acrylic I think the camera made it look better than it really is I am knitting a little beanie for my best friend. She's getting married in April, and I just bought her a wedding dress, so now I'm going to start teasing her that my demand is that she wear this beanie as the veil. She'll get really, really uncomfortable until she realizes I'm joking. Man, I love messing with people.

Molly
cozymoses is offline   Reply With Quote