Old 03-02-2005, 04:02 AM   #21
oshnpashn
1st Leg of the Journey

Great pic!!! My piercings so far are 3 in each ear, and my navel; tats, only one so far. Long story, but I'd love another!! My kids have a great time with "Mom, why are you the only Mom with her belly button pierced?" and "Mom, why don't you dress like the other Moms???" It's a riot!!!
oshnpashn is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #22
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by oshnpashn
Great pic!!! My piercings so far are 3 in each ear, and my navel; tats, only one so far. Long story, but I'd love another!! My kids have a great time with "Mom, why are you the only Mom with her belly button pierced?" and "Mom, why don't you dress like the other Moms???" It's a riot!!!
Yeah, I am going to be that mom too. They only thing that worries me about that is I live in a small, ULTRA consertative, Christian town. I don't care what others think really--- but it may be hard to get elected PTA president someday with blue hair and a diamond in my lip
Old 03-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #23
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Woah!

Hilde, where do you find these pictures? That one doesn't make me squeemish for some reason. I guess I'm used to seeing little facial rings. Not quite so many of course! LOL. But it doesn't gross me out too much.

It looks like that face make-up is actually tattoos, too! Except for the black around the eyes which looks like makeup. I once saw a woman walk by with a fully tattooed face. People all around me were talking about it in shock, and I don't live in a conservative town. I can't imagine a person not regretting getting their face tattooed! (Unless it was to look like make-up, or something subtle.)
Quote:
>>shakes head<<

Hilde, you really shouldn't show pictures of yourself like that....
Beldaraan, you're too much. That gave me a good hearty laugh.

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #24
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by beldaraan
For anyone considering piercings, do NOT get them done with a gun. Have a REAL professional do it with a sterilized needle and cork. .
I totally agree. When I had my tongue pierced, the guy talked me through the WHOLE process before even breaking out the needle. I initially wanted my ring closer to the tip of my tongue, but he strongly advised against it; in fact, he flat out refused to pierce close to the tip. He said I would run the risk of ripping it out or biting on it more frequently. After I still said yes to piercing after his "speech", he took his time searching for veins and placing the "bullseye". He actually had to place my tongue ring at an angle to avoid hitting a large vein. After telling me that's what he had to do, he asked if I still wanted to proceed. He wore surgical gloves and used a hollow disposable needle. He presented and explained each piece of equipment before using it. He even had me lean against the wall so that I wouldn't flinch away, causing myself massive amounts of pain. The actual peircing part didn't really hurt! Biting my tongue while eating hurts worse. Once he secured the ring (barbell actually), my tongue went numb so I still didn't feel any pain. When all was said and done, he made me watch him destroy the needle and clean his "work station". I've gotten two tatoos from the same place (my mother got one tattoo from them, her friend got one tattoo from them, and a high school friend got two tattoos from them) ... and they always had us watch them clean their stations and destroy needles (I'm talking burnt/melted and placed in those HazadMat boxes like you see in hospitals), it's their shop policy!

So my advice for people thinking about piercing,
#1 REALLY, deeply think about it!!! I thought about my tattoos (2) and tongue piercing for over two years before I got them. After two years, I still wanted them, so I knew it wasn't a "fad". And I still know that it's not a fad because I still adore my tats and tongue ring.
#2 make sure you are comfortable with the people and facility. If you ever feel at least a little bit uncomfortable for any reason, LEAVE!! If you have questions, no matter how stupid you THINK they may seem, ASK THEM!!! If you don't feel comfortable asking, LEAVE!! If they don't answer you, LEAVE!! If they don't provide above satisfactory answers, LEAVE!!
#3 go for a place that uses disposable tools! Yes, these establishments are lot more expensive, but it's worth it!

Just my TwoCents!

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #25
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
RE: Hilde's pic ...
WOWWIE ... I agree that "to each's own" ... but THAT is a bit much! I just don't get it :?

Old 03-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #26
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Ekgheiy, where do you go to get this done? I got my tat in Fells Point, in the shop that used to be where Saints and Sinners (also a tat/piercing shop) is now (on Thames st). I got my eyebrow pierced at Harm City, in Towson. Both places were hospital-clean and very nice, but I was a lot more impressed with the personal attention at the place in Fells... I haven't been to the "new" place there, since they opened after we moved to IL... where do you go?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #27
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
Ekgheiy, where do you go to get this done? I got my tat in Fells Point, in the shop that used to be where Saints and Sinners (also a tat/piercing shop) is now (on Thames st). I got my eyebrow pierced at Harm City, in Towson. Both places were hospital-clean and very nice, but I was a lot more impressed with the personal attention at the place in Fells... I haven't been to the "new" place there, since they opened after we moved to IL... where do you go?
Howdie!

I got my eyebrow done in Georgetown; I can't remember that place . I got all my other "decorations" done at Sins of the Skin in Chase. It sounds like a dive, eh? Actually, it looked like a bit of a dive too. But the service was exceptional! I had my "decorations" done in 1997 and 1998. My "decorations" are complete, so I haven't been back since. But I sure hope that nothing's changed.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:30 PM   #28
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

OMG!!!! LOL, I have been in sins of the skin, because I grew up in Essex! It *does* look like a dive... I remember thinking that only "bad" people went in there when I was a little kid. Small world!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #29
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
OMG!!!! LOL, I have been in sins of the skin, because I grew up in Essex! It *does* look like a dive... I remember thinking that only "bad" people went in there when I was a little kid. Small world!!!
TOTALLY!! When I pulled up in parking lot and saw nothing but Harleys and leather clad beefcakes, I was like ... Um ... should I fear for my safety or what?? (Not that I think bikers are bad people, but I was a juvenile by putting faith in a stereotype or two. I learned my lesson about the crappiness of stereotypes! ). What I saw upon arriving in that parking lot was NOT the kind of look that I had invisioned when I spoke with them on the phone. My high-school friend was with me at the time. She said, "Let's at least walk in and give them a chance. If we still feel iffy, then we'll leave." I gently suggested that she back into the parking space for easy getaway if needed!! ROTFLMAO!!!

But once we passed the threshold, the tension was cut will nothing but KEWLNESS!! The scruffy bikers we saw in the parking lot were pretty kewl dudes!!