Old 03-05-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
fitcook
Ribbing the Cuff

Help on "ridge" of picked up stitches
I am making a felted bag out of beautiful Lana Grossa Colore yarn. It is sort of a hobo-shaped bag; I got the pattern when I purchased the yarn from a shop at a Stitches event, but the pattern doesn't show a picture.

The pattern starts by working a flat piece for the bottom, then working around the side edges by picking up stitches to start working the body of the bag in the round. I have followed the directions well, and have completed the bottom and increases around the diameter. I am now happily working the knit rows of the body as I watch my bag grow.

My problem is that I keep looking back at the bottom of the bag with the nagging fear (hopefully, unfounded) that I must have made an error when I picked up the stitches on the two short sides. There is a ridge-like edge where the perpendicular directions of knit meet; ie the bottom is comprised of horizontal knit rows, and the right-angle sides (the sides I picked up) are vertical knit rows. Is this slight ridge where the two meet normal? I have never picked up stitches before so I don't have anything to compare it to. I watched both of Amy's videos on picking up stitches, and feel fairly sure I did the stitch pick up correctly, but don't know how the work should look on the picked up side.

Also, will this edge eventually smooth out and disappear when I felt the bag in my machine?

Any comments appreciated.
fitcook is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
fitcook
Ribbing the Cuff

Bump

Anyone have any advice for me on this :?:
fitcook is offline   Reply With Quote