Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
KNITBIT
1st Leg of the Journey

GAUGE ??? (Mock Granny Stitch) Pattern H-E-L-P!
Help someone..

I can't seem to get this dumb gauge to work out correctly...

--------------------

GAUGE

12 sts + 16 rows = 4” [10 cm] in Mock Granny st.

--------------------

Mock Granny Stitch Pattern (multiple of 4 sts + 2)

Row 1 (WS) K2tog, k to last 2 sts, k2tog – 2 sts decreased.
Row 2 Repeat Row 1 – 2 sts decreased.
Row 3 P 1, *p2tog, yo, p2tog; repeat from * to last st, p 1 – 1 st decreased in each repeat.
Row 4 K 1, *k 1, (k 1, p 1) in yo, k 1; repeat from * to last st, k 1 – 1 st increased in each repeat.

Repeat Rows 1-4 for Mock Granny Stitch pattern.

-------------------

STITCH EXPLANATION

(K 1, p 1) in yo Knit into yo from previous row, but do not drop yo from needle. Bring yarn to front and purl into same yo. Drop yo from needle.

-----------------------

I casted on 12 sts like it says in the GAUGE instructions. Then when I get to the 3rd row of the Mock Granny Stitch pattern I come up short of enough stitches to work with.

SO.........Then I read up in my "Knitting for Dummies" bk. Which says about reading patterns, etc. Neway....then I was like.."Oh..ok..hmm :idea: " I reread the Mock Granny Stitch pattern and noticed next to it ..it says (multiple of 4 sts + 2) Ok..so then I added 4+2=6...so 12 sts to cast on + 6 = 18. OK 18. So I casted on 18 and I thought all was well. When I got to the 4th row in the Mock Granny Pattern I was supposed to do the (k1, p1) in yo...and I wasn't going to get to the yo for 2 more stitches. GRRR! So..now what?!?!?!?

Should I add on 6 more for a total of 24 sts to cast on???? Any ideas??? Tips?

KNITBIT (hopefully no more frogging) :crying:
KNITBIT is offline   Reply With Quote