Old 03-27-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
KnittingMom
Ribbing the Cuff

Help with Knitty Gritty scarf pattern
I really want to make the SKinny Scarf from this show:http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_kni...520116,00.html

but I'm confused about the pattern stitch. It says:

Row 1: *p1, move yarn to the back and slip the next st, move yarn to the front * repeat between * .
Row 2: *k1, move yarn to the front and slip the next st, move yarn to the back* repeat between *.

How do I know which way to slip the stitch? In Row 1 do I slip it Purl-wise like the rest of the purls or Knit-wise like where the yarn is? And vice versa for the other rows.

I love this scarf but the pattern is driving me bonkers. When I first printed it there was an error saying to move the yarn to the front for the purls and to the back for the knits. It was wacky.

Any help is much appreciated. I'm hoping this can be my "plane project" for my trip I'm leaving on tomorrow.

Knitting for awhile but still feel like a newbie
My Blog
KnittingMom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Re: Help with Knitty Gritty scarf pattern
Originally Posted by KnittingMom
I really want to make the SKinny Scarf from this show:URL

but I'm confused about the pattern stitch. It says:

Row 1: *p1, move yarn to the back and slip the next st, move yarn to the front * repeat between * .
Row 2: *k1, move yarn to the front and slip the next st, move yarn to the back* repeat between *.

How do I know which way to slip the stitch? In Row 1 do I slip it Purl-wise like the rest of the purls or Knit-wise like where the yarn is? And vice versa for the other rows.

I love this scarf but the pattern is driving me bonkers. When I first printed it there was an error saying to move the yarn to the front for the purls and to the back for the knits. It was wacky.

Any help is much appreciated. I'm hoping this can be my "plane project" for my trip I'm leaving on tomorrow.
I'm not sure that there's a standard for how to slip. But I would slip purl-wise on row 1 and knit-wise on row 2. But I could be wrong...

Try a swatch with both ways and see which one looks like that KG scarf.

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote