Old 03-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Nicoley Send a message via MSN to Nicoley Send a message via Yahoo to Nicoley
case of the mystery bruise SOLVED! lol
ive had a bruise on my theigh for about a week now and i had no clue how it got there... i didnt walk into anything or anything that would cause it to go all black and blue it has been annoying me that i didnt know where it came from ........
well today just now in fact i was sitting in my computer chair with my feet proped up knitting and noticed that when i knit here with my feet up i push my needles into my leg to scoot the yarn onto the needle better... right in the spot of the mystery bruise.... MYSTERY SOLVED!!! lol *victory dance*

i didnt know i bruised so easy... or that i could injure myself knitting... but thats ok... a bruise wont kill me so i knit on... :D just felt like shareing ..lol stay shiny everyone
Nicoley is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Congratulations on your first knitting injury!!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Nicoley Send a message via MSN to Nicoley Send a message via Yahoo to Nicoley
Originally Posted by KellyK
Congratulations on your first knitting injury!!
*tearing up* i will rememeber this always! lmao :rofling:
Old 03-25-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
You should take a picture & post it here.....you know, as a warning about the DANGERS of knitting! :rofling:
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:42 PM   #5
Jivewhistle
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Jivewhistle Send a message via Yahoo to Jivewhistle
I haven't had any computer chair knitting injuries, but I always manage to get my needles tangled up with the headphone cord. Since I listen to Amy's videos over and over again....my boyfriend gets quite annoyed...lol.

Last week though, I was moving my needles around and somehow one of the ends scratched me right underneath the eye. I had a red mark there for a day or two...loL.
Jivewhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Jivewhistle
I haven't had any computer chair knitting injuries, but I always manage to get my needles tangled up with the headphone cord. Since I listen to Amy's videos over and over again....my boyfriend gets quite annoyed...lol.

Last week though, I was moving my needles around and somehow one of the ends scratched me right underneath the eye. I had a red mark there for a day or two...loL.
eww... the eye is one place you DONT want your needles... i dont tangle my needles but my cat trys to eat them when they get to close to her ears when she is on my lap..lol
Old 03-25-2005, 10:49 PM   #7
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by KellyK
You should take a picture & post it here.....you know, as a warning about the DANGERS of knitting! :rofling:
tempting as that is... the last thing i want is my fatty legs posted online lol
Old 03-27-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Nicoley, that's too funny.

No injuries so far, knick on wood. But I've been knitting a lot with the two-circular-needles method lately, and I have a habit of pulling of the work to free up more yarn. That extra set of circulars has come precariously close to my eyes a couple of times! I should put a warning about that in the video!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:25 PM   #9
Nicoley
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by amy
Nicoley, that's too funny.

No injuries so far, knick on wood. But I've been knitting a lot with the two-circular-needles method lately, and I have a habit of pulling of the work to free up more yarn. That extra set of circulars has come precariously close to my eyes a couple of times! I should put a warning about that in the video!

Amy
lol maybe you should be wearing safty goggles lol ... be safe you need thoes eyes!

p.s. Hoppy Easter (if you celebrate it.. if not Hoppy Chocolate bunny sale day)