Old 03-30-2005, 08:26 AM   #11
Yvonne
Turning the Heel

OMG, I'm home, I'm HOME!!!

Yarnaholic, that's me. Wanna hear the depth of my sickness?
One of my kid's teachers wants me to make her a poncho. She is spending this week finding a pattern she likes and buying her yarn. She is trying to decide amongst several patterns, and even though I am too busy right now to really make her even one poncho, I suggested that she choose two or THREE and I will make them all!!!
Why? Why did I say this? I think........I just want more yarn around, even if it's not mine. I find myself hoping she buys all the yarn at once so I can have it around here for a few weeks.
Here's another example: My brother in California is a master spinner/weaver, but also spins his own wool and dyes it with stuff like real indigo and rose madder, etc. He has been planning to send me a little bit of yarn for months now, and at mail time I dash out to the mailbox like a madwoman; Is it here yet? Is it here yet?
So you'd think I was low on yarn myself, what with all this wishing for yarn. Nope. My walk-in closet is full of cone yarn right now like a yarn store.
There is no hope for me. And I like it that way.[/quote]

Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #12
ladyindica2000
1st Leg of the Journey

Oh, I have to join this thread...

I am seriously contemplaiting opening my own yarn shop so that I can be surrounded by yarn all day long. I can't imagine being paid to buy yarn all day long. I would probably go nuts. And, imagine being able to make anything you wanted all the time... whew, I get the shakes just thinking about it.

As far as stash is concerned, my loving fiancee has said that he will run away with our daughter and leave me if I so much as look sideways at an other ball of yarn. I have been taking knitting classes for the last month and a half, once a week and each time I come home with a new project. Thats about 6 new projects in the last 2 months or so... LOL. Add that to the 7 or 8 projects that I have yarn and a pattern all tucked away together for and I have projects to last me well into my elder years.

Sigh... sometimes I am honest with myself and admit that it is almost more fun to just dream up new projects and buy the yarn than it is to make the durn things. Ahhhh... instant gratification, LOL.

Trish

Next on the Needles: My own design!!!

Check out my blog: http://seetrishknit.blogspot.com/

My geek code: KE++C+ Exp SPM+ Den++ Steel (+) Addi>+ Syn++ Nov Cot+ Wool> Lux> Hemp? Stash++ Scale++ Fin Ent? FI> Int> Tex> Lace? Felt? Flat Circ+ DPN> Swatch-- KIP SNB> EZ? FO7 WIP1 Guage B+ Cr+ Sw+++ Sp>
ladyindica2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:13 PM   #13
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Originally Posted by ladyindica2000
I am seriously contemplaiting opening my own yarn shop so that I can be surrounded by yarn all day long.
My husband and I have had this conversation several times; i *love* my job as a teacher (dude, I get to sing and play instruments ALL DAY) but if I had the capitol to open up a yarn store I would quit tomorrow. My husband is actually very supportive, and he's getting on the "i want my own business" action too; we've got plans, ideas, suppliers, a site picked out, yadda yadda... Now we just need money Maybe in a few years!