Old 04-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #1
Carie
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via MSN to Carie
Going cazy looking for a pattern
It's a rose-colored cardigan, very feminine, with purple and orange verticle stripes in the front (I think) and I think it has a pull-tie around the waist. I'm going crazy trying to find it.

Ring a bell with anyone?

Thx,

Carie

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Doesn't ring any bells. Is it a free online pattern? You can comb through www.knittingpatterncentral.com if you haven't already.

Can you remember any expressions, or descriptive words that were used in the pattern? Might help you in your google search.

Good luck!
Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
Carie
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm pretty sure I saw it recently. Yes I went thru the bizillion patterns on KnittingPatternCentral, as well as Elann, Berroco, and Adriafil (and Lana Grossa, where it may have been a "model of the month" that they no longer allow access to. I remember it being from a yarn company or Elann.

It was a cardigan, very feminine, not sporty. The model had honey-colored hair and was facing right. The color of the cardigan was rose or salmon, and it had a thin stripe on each of the front panels of rose or burgandy surrounding an even thinner stripe of purple.

No, I don't remember its name. Can you believe I downloaded it and mistakenly threw it out with the recycling two weeks ago????

Thanks for your help, Amy. I really love this site and check in all the time. Right now I'm making a pullover that was one of the Lana Grossa models before they pulled it. It's cream color. The front panels are split at the bottom, joined in the middle with center cables that end in a V-neck. Ooooh, it's lovely. I'm making it with some stretch merino yarn from Elann that is out of this world, and also out of stock. I put some pictures on [url]http://knit-crochet-for-impatient-people.blogspot.com/[url], but I've gotten somewhat further since those pix.

So, I'll keep on searching!

Thanks again,

Carie
Old 04-11-2005, 02:24 AM   #4
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

You can still see Lana Grossa's model of the month. It's right here:

Model of the Month

Don't scare me like that Beldie has a hard time dealing with fright.
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:10 AM   #5
Carie
Ribbing the Cuff

Sorry, really. Didn't mean to scare you b/c they have the most gorgeous sweater designs.Now they have a dozen or so designs, but you used to be able to go back and download their "MoM's" for the past 3-4 years. I have some, and they're not there anymore. I'm making one right now, if you look at my blog (see msg to Amy).

Does the pattern I am looking for sound familiar to you?

Carie
Old 04-11-2005, 01:17 PM   #6
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

I looked through all of the pics in their mags, /sigh, but didn't see anything. I have looked at way too many patterns to remember if it is familiar. Sorry! Will keep an eye out for it though.
beldaraan is offline   Reply With Quote