Old 04-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #1
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

What happens if I forget a YO?
So I am STILL working on this evil bag. (don't ask... let's just say this is the 5th time I have started over)... so now I am wondering what will happen when I inevitably will forget a YO. Is there aan easy fix or will I need to rip out the row.

And while we are on it... how the heck do I rip out a row on circs?

http://tiajudy.com/stringbag.htm

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-16-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

make that 6 times.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:11 AM   #3
midnightskyfibers
1st Leg of the Journey

if its not a lace pattern or somewhere its noticeable (i dont know the pattern you are talking about, so ill just guess ) id just do an increase on the next row.
Midnightsky Fibers Blog
midnightskyfibers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
jessmoor
Ribbing the Cuff

With a yarn over, as long as you are on the very next row, I think you could just add a yarn over to the left needle when you come to the point where it should be, before continuing with the row (knitting it onto the right needle). It would be backwards, but maybe you could switch the needles at that moment to do the YO (as normal), then swap them back to finish with the row? I don't think it would be so easy if you've knitted more than one row beyond the missing YO, but maybe its still possible. This is just a guess, but I hope it helps! Good luck

Knitters Geek Code
KCR++ Exp SPM+ Metal+ Wood+ WoodCirc+++ Nov++* Stash+ Scale Fin>+ Ent? FI? Int? Tex?>+ Lace+ Flat Circ>++ ML?>++ FO5 WIP3 ALT=Em+
jessmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #5
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
You've probably already seen this...but Amy's "lifeline" video I think would be great in this situation. That way you only have to rip out a few rows instead of start over.

Here is a quote from one of Amy's posts:

Inserting a lifeline [Edited...I've improved this idea!] There's a big shortcut you can use with interchangeable needles, if you're doing lacework and want to insert a lifeline (what's a lifeline? Video on this page). Instead of threading a tapestry needle with cord and running it through the stitches, you thread the Knitting Needle itself, and let it work the cord in as you knit! There's a little hole in the Boye set (you know, that hole that the tightening tool goes into) that could have been designed for this purpose!! I haven't tried it, but I'm thinking you could slip the cord into the hole of the denise needle before locking it onto the cable. ...Hope that makes sense, what I'm talking about.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote