Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Speaking of knitting in tandem...
Rebecca's way of knitting pairs of sock, both at the same time on two sets of DPN's reminded me of something I've been doing that has been great and wanted to share it with all of you!! I got the idea from Stitch 'n Bitch.

I have been casting on multiple items onto the same needles, each with its own ball of yarn, and it goes (or seems to go!) so much faster! For example, I'm making a pull-over that obviously has two sleeves, so I cast on both sleeves at once, each with its own ball of yarn, and am knitting them row by row at the same time. It helps to keep track of where increases/decreases go, and you don't have to be as careful about making measurements because you know that they will both come out approximately equal. If one sleeve measure 16", the other one will be pretty darn close!!

So there ya go, my little tidbit today. Hope it helps someone!

:XX:
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote