I was sitting in the rocker recliner the other night, half watching tv, and half knitting. My trusty glass of sweet tea was at my side on the end table (living in the south=drinking sweet tea
). When a commercial came on, I stuck my knitting in the bag beside my chair and hopped up to make a bathroom run. As I did so, I clipped the edge of my tea glass, dumping the entire thing, upside down, INTO MY KNITTING BAG
That glass was full of ice and tea, which totally saturated the completed fun fur headband in the bag that I'd made for my daughter, as well as the scarf I was working on that had about 6-8 inches completed. :crying:
I dumped it all into the sink and cleaned it up the best I could. The WHITE headband that I'd made for my daughter was pretty simple to clean, as I immersed the entire thing in clear water; but the scarf was attached to a large skein of yarn, which I attempted to clean by sponging off the outside.
I am just kicking
myself for not being more careful!
Has anyone else had unfortunate knitting disasters? Misery loves company, you know.