Old 06-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #11
bubba
1st Leg of the Journey

:D That's right! Where else can you see someone on the beach in a bikini, socks and boots????

pat.
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-15-2005, 07:47 PM   #12
Soxy
Ribbing the Cuff

Pat don't forget our bumpershoot!!!!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?islandknitter
Soxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #13
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Originally Posted by Soxy
I've done a lot of entralac and will try to help you if you have any problems. The attached is one of my own designs.
Those are so cool! Opal is my favorite sock yarn and I really like that color. Maybe I'll see that one when I go to my LYS today
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:14 AM   #14
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Originally Posted by Soxy
Carie, Ingrid, and Jouf for comments about my :XX:

I only wear Birkies. :D so my socks are visiable. I have been knitting for so very long that I have a lot of sweaters so switched to socks when the new self patterning yarns came out. Now I also use solid colors and put lace, cable or relife st work in them.

[I am working on a couple of new sweaters for me but it has been a while since I did. No one else in my family wants any more sweaters, either, and now my youngest said she didn't need any more socks.]
If you ever get the urge to do more sweaters, I would be happy to be adoped as one of your family! Can one ever have too many sweaters???
Old 06-16-2005, 09:15 AM   #15
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Jouf
I saw on some other knitting site in the sock area about these clear clogs and boots. At first I thought what the heck is that doing in the sock area. But then it hit - your beautiful homemade socks will show through! Apparently from what I read, they're comfortable enough! http://www.knittersdream.com/
OMG...those are too cool/funny/wacky! Just what I need if I keep making so many socks!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #16
Soxy
Ribbing the Cuff

Kemp I don't think you will find this Opal at your lys. It was sent to me from the middle east. There are a lot of the Opal colors that do not make it to the US or Canada as they didn't do a large run on them. My friend orders from a lady in Germany and gets lots of colors we donot see.

I favor some of the other brands but do like opal as well. Any of the pattern yarns with wider stripes would work up in this maner. The narrow stripes would give you a totally differen look in entrelac.

You would have fun watching them develop.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:45 PM   #17
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Hmm...too bad. I do know of a German site that will ship here, but I have just been debating whether it is worth it to have it shipped from there. Do you know anything about duty/customs on that kind of stuff?
Old 06-16-2005, 04:07 PM   #18
Soxy
Ribbing the Cuff

I know a few that order from Martina and everything seems to be taken care of.

I have bought from her via ebay but not directly. My package came through without me having to do anything.

I like some of the other yarns better than Opal so don't order via Germany.

I wasn't thrilled when this yarn showed up so decided to see what it would look like in entrelac. I had done a couple of others before this yarn and all of them are different because of the dye patterns. Loads of fun to make those strips jump around then go back to the stripe for the foot.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:02 PM   #19
Carie
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via MSN to Carie
I dread the day when I have enough sweaters and other knitted things. How will I then justify collecting a yarn stash???

Carie
Old 06-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #20
Soxy
Ribbing the Cuff

What surprises me the most is my dh understands when I buy more yarn!!!

When the first lys that I worked in was closing they reduced their remaining stock to 75% off. This was Jan first and people that had bought yarn before had the right to return it. Well little of the returned stock made it to the stock floor. It usually went into the box of one of the employes, me included.

I have helped several stores dispose of their inventory!! This was before the re-surgance of knitting.