Old 07-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #11
meredith
Casting On

Yarn over
Lots of great advice,

I'll try some of your suggestions and see if it works. From your descriptions, I think I'm doing the normal YO correctly. Next time I'll try knitting it through the back. I wish I could scan the results, but we don't have a scanner. As for the video, when I try to download any videos off of the internet it locks my computer up. I was going to take a knitting class tomorrow, but the shop isn't giving lessons tomorrow. I'll go in to another store and show someone what I'm doing and try to get some free advice. If this blanket gets made in time and looks the way it should, I'll be sure to tell you. Thanks for all your advice. I'm going on a 14 hour plane ride and the plan was to make the blanket on the way to kill time. Time flies when you're knitting. Thanks again for your advice, and perhaps I can scan a picture of the blanket once I get back to work in August.

Meredith

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #12
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
I think the bottom line in this whole thing is to get the holes smaller. Anyway that is attempted, whether through the back of the knit or the back of the yo will accomplish that. I say just pick one and stick with it, this way you can just knit and not have to go chasing all over town for a lesson.
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote