Old 07-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #21
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Determine to stick with the dpn's for at least 30 minutes on your next try. The first time I finally got up the nerve to try them (I think it was because KK bullied me ), I was ready to throw them away, and run screaming from the house, within the first few minutes. I had to really pep talk myself to stay at it. Amazingly, after about 20 minutes, it just clicked. Then, it became fun!

You seriously do just concentrate on using two needles, letting the others dangle in place (with the yarn securely on them, of course). Give it a try, InterNette!
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-26-2005, 01:36 PM   #22
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by rebecca
I canNOT believe that I forgot to include [url=http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50395220&yarnid= 5420119]THESE as my MOST FAVORITE sock pattern.....EVER!!!
I LOVE them!
I really love eyecatching socks (DH calls them "ugly", but all he ever wears is plain white cotton ones, so we agree to disagree on that...)

I decided I wanted to try socks because my husband is a sock FREAK. He buys new socks as often as possible, and actually asks me for socks for his Christmas present every year...
I'm hoping that if I can make him some that are a little more durable, he won't have to keep buying new ones... but this may just end up being my very first "for me" project... The more patterns I look up, the more I covet LOL
can't wait to try some of the self-striping yarn :thinking: Wonder if they have it in lime green....

Anyway, thanks for all the great ideas and lessons - (takes a deep breath)- I have my Size7dpn's, my yarn, and my courage, here I go....

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 03:49 PM   #23
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Okay, now from one Rebecca to the other, you tell your dh that your Rebecca friend on knittinghelp.com designed those socks that he says are ugly ...and give him a tiny (not hurtful, really) pinch from :devil: ME! !
And, thank YOU for liking my socks :D ! You have made me for liking them, I am rather proud of them, as if they were my 'babies' or something...lol!! It's really very, very nice & humbling when your friends (as everyone on here has done :D ) say such nice things about something that you've made.
Okay, I'm kidding about doing bodily harm to your dh...lol...sorta :rofling:
I'm going to make my sweet, sweet husband some socks, too. I've not yet made him any. An old friend gifted us with this luscious yarn (handpainted mountain colors, I think is the name...but it's yummy) for me to knit my honey some nice socks bc he did a favor for her. I really wanted socks out of that yarn...but it is manly & if he likes the feel of them he will be getting many, many pairs especially since knitpicks came out with their solid colored sock yarn :drooling: And since sock knitting is FUN and I don't give my socks to just anybody...he will be getting many, many of the man socks

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:00 AM   #24
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

I pinched him all right, but just cuz he's got a cute... Oh never mind...

LOL Just to clarify - He wasn't saying that YOUR socks were ugly, just the socks I like in general - I have a thing for bright colors and stripes, (I had one pair he called my wicked witch of the west socks, they were three different shades of bright green, and black :crying: They faded, and I had to let go....)and I LOOOVE those toe sock things He thinks I'm twisted...

I pretty much got the hang of dpns right away-my first try I twisted the rows when I joined and had to frog it, but the second tryI actually made a sock-type thing... I wanted to get the techniques down, and I'm pretty sure I've got it... LOL I was going to have DH model the little thingy I made, just for fun, but the stumpy little thing wouldn't fit I can't wait to make some real ones...

I would love to see some manly socks... I saw a pattern for kilt hose that I liked, but the cables would make them a little hard to wear w/ shoes...although the kilt thing might be kind of cool... :devil:

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote