Old 08-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #11
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Rebecca
I know I will love it, I've played with it; and it's a bit like modular knitting, I found it fun....
:rollseyes: Should have known...Is there anything you can't do??
I'd love to see a pic of "Eleanor" if there's one available...I think I'm going to use this panel as a tummy for a teddy bear for my nephew- on- the- way, but this is so much fun I know I will be doing it again.

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-26-2005, 01:00 PM   #12
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Thanks .... but there are a gazillion things that I can't do...I'm learning and loving learning...I've played with it...I am by no means able to make something yet, I've got to practice!!
Okay, if you go here on the knitpicks site, you will be able to see some of the pages of the book, Scarf Style (LOVE IT!!) on the last page, on the bottom left....The Eleanor...wrapped around a girl with her head hanging down and...directly above it is 'Ruffles' for which I have a BUNCH of 'Merino Style' from KP to do it & hat & wrist warmers & socks to match!! I am doing other scarves in there, too...I think I passed the one that I am doing for Lonnie out of this luscious South West Trading Co 100% soy silk yarn 'Phoenix' that he got for me when we were in Charleston on HIS bday!! He got me all that they had...5 skeins, but not enough for a sweater or anything...so I want to do a reversible cable...it's in this book, too. Yeah...I just looked, 1st page, upper left on a girl...but it is gonna be very rich and manly looking for Lonnie . I've got my heart set on another in there...backyarn leaves, or something...and I have the fern WOTA for it ... and do the accessories with it, too...I'm telling ya... this book!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #13
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

That scarf will be awesome for your DH...
What kind of yarn did they use on that "Eleanor" pattern? I love the muted colors, and it looks like you could just curl up under that scarf and wrap it around you....'ruffles' looks like a PITA, but I know someone that would just look perfect with it... :thinking: I may be going shopping later, you've inspired me!
(I love those fairisle/intarsia scarves in there, too- with that kind of work involved, anyone would be happy to get a scarf for Xmas!!!)

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
Old 08-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #14
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Yeah...they have a BUNCH of fair isle, some intarsia, lace..u name it...and, actually, ruffles isn't so bad. Okay...the yarn that they used for Eleanor is 'La Lana Wools Forever Random Blends (60%, woo. 40% mohair), color..fairie queen....15 skeins! I looked it up one time....translation...very expensive!!
So...1215 yds of bulky yarn of your choice. Noro Iro or Noro Transitions would be perfect, but still way out of my price range....I would love to use these painted colored yarns...but, it will have to be a miracle to run across it for me to afftord...but...stranger things have happened .
My Sweetness is taking me to LYS tomorrow, need some dpns...I'm gonna look around...it would be too cool if I could find some of the southwest trading for it...love the feel of the phoenix..but it's worsted...I will see if she has the right type noro & the prices...I'm sure it will be something like....OUCH!! WAY TOO MUCH....which is why I love my knitpicks! I may go with a solid with some of their new yummy yarns...I've not really looked around at the colors!

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:24 PM   #15
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Have you thought about handpainting your own yarn?? At lest that way you could get the colors you want...I have a hard enough time resisting the colors already out there!

15 skeins!!!! uhm, I think I'll stick to my Caron LOL...

My Patterns - so far
Old 08-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #16
dorsetmartin
Casting On

Well I'm still stuck!
I've researched several different patterns & help sites all to no avail. I think I'll have to go to one of my trusty yarn stores & get some 1 on 1 advice.
I can't interpret the printed insructions i seem to be missing someting or not making the connectiion in my naievety.
dorsetmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:29 PM   #17
Jenifer Peters
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to Jenifer Peters
okay so I was looking at this and I am looking for a scarf I am doing a poncho for my little girl but I have to have a couple projects going at the same time, but I have a question??

do you knit it altogether or do you sew it all together?
that might be a stupid Question but I would love to get the down so I can make one.Thank you
Jenifer
Jenifer Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:24 PM   #18
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

As soon as knitpicks puts out a natural bulky yarn...yep, I certainly will!! I have several hanks of worsted and sock wt yarn ready to be dyed now... Until then...I'm 'looking' at 'Eleanor' bc I certainly can't afford the prices of the yarn specified!!

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:16 PM   #19
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

OK - dorsetmartin, the way you had posted I thought you had figured it out...You continue knitting with the same yarn, you do not cut it. What you will end up with is groups of six stitches on your needles, separated by open spaces.
(For those who don't know)After you cast on, you create the triangles by working short-row shaping (turning the work before the end of the row - it creates an extra row of stitches)over groups of six stitches. Then you actually knit in oppsite directions, by picking up stitches off the slanted sides of the triangles, which creates a basketweave pattern.
If you need any questions answered, feel free to PM me... I think I understand where you went wrong, but I'd like to see the directions that you're working from, if you have those. I got mine from here and except for one minor mistake, they're very accurate.

My Patterns - so far
Old 08-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #20
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Those are one of my resources, too...do u want my others?
This one is cool, it leads you to this one.
And i found this one, too

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!