Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #31
MaryS
Turning the Heel

Better Late than Never - Thanks HILDIE!
I joined the July KAL in August. I liked the pattern Hildie picked for her dolphin washcloth ( thanks for the link, Hildie), but I wanted to knit potholders - so - I used the landlubber version, and adjusted the pattern so there wasn't so much "white space" around the dolphin, knitted two small clothes, the second with the dolphin jumping the other way, did about three inches of icord on the bind off row of the second cloth, then did single crochet all the way around to join them together. I ended up with a reversible double thick potholder about 7.5 inches square with a hanging loop at the top corner.
It came out great, if I do say so myself.
I ended up making 2 potholders and the full version with the waves as a dishcloth and gave them to the woman whose beach house I rent every summer. She loved them, and had done some redecorating this year with a dolphin theme, so they fit right in!
I just got back from the beach yesterday, so I have a lot of KH to catch up on, but I wanted to share this - my first KAL. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the FOs, but I got the Sugar N Cream yarn on sale for 1.29 so it was a great inexpensive hostess gift, and really fast too!
I had a great time, found a fun LYS, bought some new patterns, did some fun knitting, and a really great jigsaw puzzle entitled "KNITTING STASH".
I really missed KH though so its good to be back!

Mary
MaryS is offline   Reply With Quote