Old 09-06-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
Shelly0
Casting On

The knit stich
I don't get the knit Stitch. I have watched the vidio and I got knitting book, but I still cant figure it out. I am very confused Thanks advanced

Chely
Shelly0 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
http://www.learntoknit.com/instructions_kn.php3

http://www.craftown.com/knitlesson.htm

http://www.vogueknitting.com/tech/knit/knit.html

If you can't learn from the video, maybe these sites might make more sense.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Which video did you watch, Shelly? There are TWO videos on the knit stitch on this site...one for continental (pink video icon...holding the working yarn in your left hand) and english (blue, for your right hand). If one didnt make sense to you, maybe try watching the other?
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by KellyK
Which video did you watch, Shelly? There are TWO videos on the knit stitch on this site...one for continental (pink video icon...holding the working yarn in your left hand) and english (blue, for your right hand). If one didnt make sense to you, maybe try watching the other?
Yeppers! I agree. But then also remember that "getting it" might just come with practice. When I started knitting, I could physically perform the knit st; but I didn't feel like I actually understood. Once the principles of knitting sunk it, only then did I *feel* like a knitter. By principles, I only mean that I finally understood that knitting was basically pulling loops through and/or over other loops in an organized manner. So keep at it with patience; the end is well worth the means.

**end speech (Bleh, that sounded like speech, eh?)

Anywhoo - onward with Knitting!

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote