Old 10-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #11
Sascha
Ribbing the Cuff

thanks you! Useful advice that I'm sure I will take with me fore years. And you are right, How the heck do I know if it looks right or wrong? :rofling: My husband keeps telling me I'm "overthinking" it and I probably am.

I am going to go right out and get some worsted and size 8's since I only have homespun and size 7's and 10's

Thank you and I'll let you know how it turns out

Sascha is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #12
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by KellyK
There is a BENEFIT to pulling out your stitches....and that is a "stitch anatomy lesson". Really knowing what your stitches are supposed to do, are actually doing, and how to tell the difference, is a GREAT little chunk of knowledge!
I did some Amy videos tonight as part of my little self imposed syllabus, and I now know exactly what you mean. It DOES help to see what the stitches are doing. Thanks for that. I hadn't thought of it. Gives a whole new level of understanding when you need to do something different than what you already know how to do, or are trying to figure out what you're doing wrong.

Joel - I can relate. I spent 4 or 5 years allowing my anal retentive bend to stop me from KNITTING. I was stitching along ok, but I never got to knitting cuz I never got past an imperfect row...which was all of them at first. :rofling:

I decided that I'd rather knit, than unknit, :rofling: so I decided to take another approach this time. Glad you are working on that too. I'll be reminding you (and me!) with Kelly...

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote