Old 10-28-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
DeAnzaJig
1st Leg of the Journey

Two More Questions on my Dog Sweater Pattern
Hi,

Thanks to Tab I was able to finish the Back of my dog sweater, and am now set to start the Front, but am confused as to what these instructions are telling me to do.

Back
Last instruction says..."Slip sts onto a holder." (I do have a holder...it looks like a gigantic pin)

Front
Using No.5 needles (those were the needles I used to do the Back) cast on 24 sts.
Blah, blah, blah...K, P...., ending with a WS row.

(I'm including the collar instruction because I'm not sure what that's asking either, and I might as well get this all out at once)

Collar
1st Row With RS facing rib to last 2 sts, P2 tog, continue across sts for front from holder, K2 tog, rib to end. Work rib for a bunch of inches. Bind off in rib.

Q1 - Since I didn't have to bind off the Back, am I just suppose to move my Back to the holder and then cast on from the same thread that I've been using the whole time and start the Front from there?

Q2 - If I do that when I finish the Front, am I some how suppose to connect the Front and the Back using the collar instructions? If so, how is that going to happen when my needles are going to be the top of the Front, but the Back stitches will be at bottom of the Front ?

Thanks for your help!
DeAnzaJig is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #2
katiyana
Ribbing the Cuff

Yes, you'd cut the thread to the back, weave in the end to the wrong side of your piece, and start a new piece for the front. You'll seam them together later.

It sounds like once you get to the neck end of the Front, you'd bring the stitches from the back holder and the front together to do the collar.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
DeAnzaJig
1st Leg of the Journey

katiyana ... Thank you for replying!

I've been able to complete all the knitting and just have to sew up the seams and put it on my dog.
DeAnzaJig is offline   Reply With Quote