Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
countingsheep
Working the Gusset

WIP - Help needed! Lavold pattern
Ack!!! I think I'm deformed!!! My head is either WAY small or this pattern is WAY huge!

I need help! The pattern is for a hat/cap.
I am doing the top/crown of the cap - reverse stockinette. After knitting for 3 inches, I begin to decrease. 96 stitches into 8 groups of 12 - decrease at the start and end of each group. Do this every 5th row. (8 groups of 12 down to 8 groups of 10, etc...) My problem is, when I do this... I create something that looks more like a chef's hat!!! It's HUGE!!! I need suggestions?

Now Ingrid, I DO trust the pattern! Honest! :( It's too big! I think that my dh could wear this! I was going to surprise people by doing a cap from the "Viking" book but... it's just not working. It's the one on the cover, pattern on page 40. If you can help me, I will be forever in your debt!

If anyone can help me... I will be forever in their debt! This is the cutest cap but... something is seriously wrong! My idea was to frog back down and do decreases every 3rd row rather than 5th. This would cut the crown down by about half. What do you think? It's not actually that hard to knit but it is time consuming and frustrating to make something so cute but SO big! I am going to wait for advice before doing anything so...

Any and all ideas welcome!!!

Thanks in advance! Angela
countingsheep is offline   Reply With Quote