Old 12-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
candimae143
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to candimae143 Send a message via MSN to candimae143
increase/decrease for doggy cape??
ok... so... i found this cute cape for a child that i am making for a dog. it involves a flat shape that is like a rectangle with the sides coming in and then out again. (see picture!!) what i want to know is how do i increase and decrease stitches like that? i watched the videos but i don't understand when would do that... can someone either email me instructions, or a similar pattern that involves the same kind of increase/decrease?

THANK YOU!

ps... kinda urgent, it's an xmas present!
Attached Images:

candimae143 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-05-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
Mer
Working the Gusset

Amy actually has her diagrams laid out kind of like that shape on her increase/decrease pages (under the basic techniques tab). You can pick the kind that you want to do, and then I would decrease every other row on the 2nd and 2nd to last stitches, or maybe every 4 rows, depending on how drastic you want the size change to be. Every 4 rows would be more gradual. Then when you get to the center, do the same thing with increases every other or every 4 rows.

"I will remember that no one has ever been killed or maimed by being adventurous with knitting, no matter how pointy the needles." The Yarn Harlot
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote