Old 02-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #31
Jilly
Casting On

got my yarn
Got my yarn today to start the skirt........I got Celebrity by Artful yarns. I want to be able to wear it this spring. I'm going to make the a-line skirt from www.straw.com a free knitting pattern. It is knit in two pieces, then sewn up the sides with an elastic waste.
Jilly is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-03-2006, 07:58 PM   #32
ecuzzacrea
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to ecuzzacrea
Glad to hear that it looks good!

Is there anything you'd do right off the bat if you were going to knit it again for the waist?
I ask because I'm not really experienced and I don't want to make it if it's really big in the waist - i'll have no clue how to make it smaller.

Originally Posted by volmel
I'm done with the flirty skirt and it's blocked. I'm wearing it today, but there is one problem with it. It's the waist. The skirt is knit all one size down to the pleats. Which means it is very big in the waist. You make belt loops and run a belt through them, but it makes it bunch and it still works it way down below the belt and gapes open. So I think I'm going to pick up the stitches around the waist and knit upward and start decreasing to make it taper into a waist. That is the only problem I have with the pattern. It is a very elegant skirt and looks really professional.

Mel
ecuzzacrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #33
volmel
1st Leg of the Journey

I promise to post a picture as soon as I get it revised. I picked up the stitches from the waist and started decreasing until it got to half the original stitches. Now I have to redo the beltloops and I'll be done. I'll post it then.

ecuzzacrea, I think I would start with half the stitches it calls for, say 75 (casting on LOOSELY so it will go over your head), then over the next few rows increase until you get to the 150 stitches then follow the pattern. Remember it will add length to the original so take that into consideration when knitting the length before you start on the pleats.

mel
volmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #34
misstialouise
Working the Gusset

How are we all going girls?

I haven't cast on yet, this emergency shrug is the ONLY thing I'm knitting until the weekend, then the Knitting Olympics... THEN I'll get to my skirt.. LMAO!!!

I have the yarn ready, I have my needles..... I can't wait!!!

Version: 1.1
KCR++ Exp+ SPM+ *Options+++ Addi+ Wood+ Cas+ Cot++ Wool+++ Lux++ Hemp++ Nov+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent Lace++ Tex++ Felt+++ Flat Circ+++ DPN ML2 Swatch+ KIP Blog SNB GaugeDK(F) WIP+(++) ALTSw+Sp+Cr+X

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

On my Options:
Drake the Dreaded Dragon Backpack - girly version for my niece for Christmas

I'M IN !! I'm vintagegrrl on Ravelry
misstialouise is offline   Reply With Quote