SMOKE AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS - OT
PLEASE GO CHECK YOURS NOW!!!
We have a family friend who died in a tragic fire this past Saturday. The whole family died, except for the daughter that was away at university. Husband, wife, and son who was a senior in high school. All of them gone. It's absolutely devastating.
It is thought that an ember from a wood-burning stove jumped out and caused a chair to catch on fire. The three of them were all found by the front door, overcome by smoke inhalation as they were trying to leave the house. They think it took less than two hours for the smoke to get to that fatal level. The rest of the house burnt to the ground after.
It's not known if they had functioning smoke detectors, however it's my personal belief that carbon monoxide detectors can sometimes trigger sooner than smoke detectors.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR DETECTORS!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR, GET ONE!!
This isn't a joke - it's a sad, sad reality. I've always heard about fire safety but have NEVER known anyone tragically affected by fire. Now i do and it's crushing. An entire family gone in a few hours. The surviving daughter is, as expected, a mess. She has no family now. None. No immediate family to be there in her future - for her wedding, when she has babies, major holidays - no one.
GO! DO IT NOW!! PLEASE.
Give yourself all the chances possible. Be diligent. Please.
Ahhhh, healthy obsession.... How i love thee and seek thy comfort....
Bobby from Rowan's Tadpoles and Tiddlers in KP Shine Sport on indefinite hold...
Reading: The God of Small Things
by A. Roy