Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #11

Oh my gosh, you all have said some pretty impressive things. Thank you so much.

Sfavereau - I totally agree with you about your furbaby! I just call them my kids! If I could I'd have 10 more dogs, I love dogs.

I don't know though about the whole 'if you wait till you can afford them, you'll never have any' theory. In my heart I know you are probably right, but in my head that makes no sense :rollseyes: I'm so conflicted.

There are so many things in our lives that are up in the air that it wouldn't make sense to start trying, but then I think, what if it takes us years to conceive? (I have endometriosis) And then I suffer from migraines and my hubby is type 1 diabetic. These also make me wonder if we should have kids. I wouldn't in a million years wish a migraine on my worst enemy let alone my own child. And then my hubby worries about passing the diabetes also. And I also realize that there is no guarantee that they would get either of those, sigh, I am really over-thinking this whole thing.

I know that in the end I will go with my gut, it's never failed me before! If I could just shut my brain down for a day or two...

I mean, raising kids in this day in age (who says that anymore!) just the thought of it scares the crap out of me. You wouldn't believe the thoughts I've had, oy vey. I guess I just needed to vent to you to help me sort some of it out.

BTW, hubby is all for it, when we're ready.