Old 02-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #11
HeatherFeather
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherFeather
I'm struggling too...

it is this type of pattern, and is different each time, and the stitch markers I put, would need to be schooched over to the left one sttich. my gf suggested to get clips, rather than rings that I could move over. I tried it sans markers today, and got into trouble the 3rd row in!! there are 157 stitches!!!!!!!!! Sets of 13 stitches....

I feel your pain. But I HAVE to do this as it is for my godbaby soon to be born.

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #12
Angelia

Originally Posted by kitkat
I had an afghan that I was making, I was doing one of those "hot damn" afghans (the ones that there are never pictures of, and now I know why becuase they are butt ugly).......I had nothing but knitting issues, yarn issues, many issues....and then when I got past the issues, it was just so UGLY!

I had a joyful few moments frogging it to oblivioun never to be seen again!

There are occasions when frogging feels sooooooooo good!!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #13
cheesiesmom
Turning the Heel

You gals are all so great. I've found all 113 stitches, put in a new life line and laid it aside while I work on a no-brainer afghan pattern with yarn from my stash. Maybe I just need a break from it. There are so many things I want to try and I feel I'm getting bogged down in this simple shrug. I've yet to make anything for myself and I really want to finish it, but I have so many other projects (don't we all) in the idea stage.

Angelia, if I gave up knitting because of this, my DH might leave me considering my humungo stash waiting to be knit. .

BTW glad to hear about the Hot Damn afghan. It sounded so interesting, but I think I'll scratch that off the list. Good Luck on the baby outfit Heatherfeather!! I'd keep my fingers crossed for your success but it's hard to knit that way.

Thanks for the input ladies.

:XX:
Gladys in Michigan, working on something else.
cheesiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #14
Angelia

Oh Gladys, I'm so glad to hear that all is well again in your knitting world!

Re stash: Ack, I know what you mean...we're moving soon, and my dh is beginning to discover all my yarn. He's seen all of it at some point, but only a few skeins here, a few balls there. Now he's seeing it all together, and well, let's just say there's a vein in his forehead that I've never noticed before...
Old 03-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #15
cheesiesmom
Turning the Heel

Quote:
well, let's just say there's a vein in his forehead that I've never noticed before...

I love this stupid afghan. I made up the pattern (moss stitch border and a stockinette in the middle, no biggie) and it is so mindless that I don't have to think about wrong or right. Just knit to a basketball or hockey game.

Gladys in Icy Michigan and I made it to work anyway!
cheesiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #16
Angelia

LUV the mindless knitting!

And Heather... {{hugs!}} Has the situation improved any?