Old 03-01-2006, 01:21 PM   #11
Kid Showbiz

Hi, nice to meet you!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #12
samm
Turning the Heel

Hi! Great to meet you! I'm in Southern Ontario, and I heard the news yesterday. My store's yarns has already been picked over and the patterns are nearly gone. I did get some sock yarn, though. And I will check patterns for my grandkid projects and go back to get what I need for those. Thank goodness there's a pretty good yarn store in Niagara Falls! It's a little drive from here, but doable. I picked up my first skein of Kureyon there on the weekend. Just one to try. I love the colours. commiserating in the loss of Lewiscraft, samm :(
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #13
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #14
Dilly
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thank you for the warm welcome! This forum is such a great place.

And it's great to see another NB knitter here.

I'm tempted to go shopping at Lewiscraft again, but I really can't afford it right now. I was just on vacation in Victoria, BC, and found the world's greatest yarn store. It's called Beehive Wool Shop, and it has every kind of yarn I've ever heard off, and bunches more that were new to me. I just wanted to knock all the yarn off the shelves and roll around in it. I went back three times during my week long visit there.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
~babydill~
Dilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #15
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

I haven't done a lot of shopping there, especially since Ram's is only about 2 blocks further from me than my closest location. When I was there in November getting my dpns for the Skacel sweater, I noticed that they had a decent selection of sock yarns. When the news was posted to my local knitting group about it, I was going to head there on payday to stock up, but another lady was there on Wednesday and posted that the sock yarn was basically all gone already. I'm sorry to see yet another Canadian craft company go out of business. Winnipeg has also lost {or is in the process of losing} nearly all of our LYSs. I was so upset that I posted a big long post at my knitting group and reposted most of that rant at my blog on Monday or Tuesday.

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #16
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Hiiiiiiiiiiii! Wish I could go, I love a sale!

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #17
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
:XX:

Glad you are with us!

http://knittykittyworld.blogspot.com/
Ravelry - I am Suegene
OTN : Dream in Color Smooshy Monkeys, Block a month afghan (on block 11)
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:48 PM   #18
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

So I went to Lewiscraft yesterday to see if I could snag some deals and all the yarn was only 30% off right now and there was SO MUCH there and was not picked over at all (yet!) so I didn't buy anything but will keep checking back.

I asked the ladies about it and they said that they only found out on Friday and have 90 days to liquidate. They seemed really sad about it, understandably. :(
Old 03-04-2006, 01:07 PM   #19
Dilly
2nd Sock, I Rock

Knitqueen, I'm jealous! I got to Lewiscraft only 3 days after their liquidation sale was announced, and my store was so picked over that I was lucky to get anything. I had to buy at only 30% off, because I think if I wait any longer, there really won't be any yarn left. I'm in a city with very few alternatives for yarn shopping, so that is why my Lewiscraft was picked over so quickly. I feel really bad for the employees at my Lewiscraft. They are such great people, and there are no alternative craft shops in the area that they could try to find jobs at. :(

Thank you to everybody else who has stopped by to welcome me to the forum. You guys are really great people!

~babydill~
Dilly is offline   Reply With Quote