Old 03-13-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
horve1
Turning the Heel

I made my mother-in-law a wrap to just cover her shoulders and upper-arms that could just be slipped on and tied in front. She couldn't move her arms enough to get into sleeves, and she was always cold because her blankets only covered up to her arms when she sat up in bed.
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-13-2006, 11:04 PM   #12
acmesarah
Casting On

bedridden gift
I've been knitting a hot-water bottle cover (with an intarsia heart on it) that is featured in the ROwen Junior pattern book from last year (or so). You could also knit a super-soft (alpaca or something) pillow cover--maybe neck roll shape. Sew up an insert filled with buckwheat and a handful of dried lavendar.
acmesarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:26 AM   #13
glomper
Ribbing the Cuff

If the invalid was female I would say bed-jacket or shawl but seeing as it is a man I would think maybe a hat and scarf or even a combination of the two - a scarf thingy that covered the head also.
glomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:24 AM   #14
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
My recommendation would be instead of a knitted gift, how about a gift of knitting. lol

Why not take whatever you're knitting, and sit with him to talk while you work on it? I bet he would enjoy the visit more than any gift you make.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote