Old 03-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #21
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Cheers to having left the corporate world and become a teacher. I love that I am the only adult in my classroom and that I can have complete control over the noise levels, activity, etc. Plus I can go to the teachers lounge and get my fix of gossip and companionship whenever!

My favorite from my cube days was this woman who would sit in her cubicle and do her hair/makeup/perfume. Really. She would style her hair with a curling iron, then spray it with hairspray. Then she would put on makup and last, spray perfume all over herself. Once she stood up in her cube and sprayed perfume up her skirt!!!

CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #22
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
I had a similar problem here at HOME, of all places.

My neighbor is always very loud and annoying. His porch is just beside my bedroom window.

Well, as some of you know, I had a hysterectomy recently, and I'm still stuck at home recuperating. I can't do any lifting or housework because of the stitches all across my belly.

Yesterday morning, my hubby left for work, and left our bedroom window open so I could enjoy the nice spring breeze all day. It was wonderful....until my neighbor got home.

The loud engine, the loud rap music on the radio....my blood beginning to boil.....and then some FRIENDS show up in his driveway. They are all out there talking as loud as possible, using very course language, and telling really raunchy jokes. I am fed up, so I try to close the window, but of course I don't have the strength.

After looking around the room and considering my options, I grab one of my Charlotte Church CDs. She can sing as high, clear and pure as a bird, you know. I put on the CD and turned up the volume as loud as I could stand. It was hilarious! I think they all must have stood there with their eyes open wide, thinking, "What the hell...?"

They decided to go inside to continue their "discussion".

Smugly, I turned down the volume and got back in bed to continue my knitting, while enjoying the rest of the CD. Charlotte Church is my GOOD friend now.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #23
HeatherFeather
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherFeather
whoooohoooyou GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya...loud neighbors are a pita!!!

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote