Old 03-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
knason4
Ribbing the Cuff

What is your favorite yarn/needles?
Hi fellow knitters! I was just sitting here and had to pick up my favorite Karaoke, it is 50/50 silk/wool. I just love the way it looks and feels! Also my favorite needles are Crystal Palace. However, I am a new knitter, only a grand total of 4 months! I would love to know what everyone else considers their favorites! :XX: :XX:

Javaknitter on Ravelry
knason4 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

I love the kind of needles that you can knit yarn with. Oh and I love that yarn that you can use needles to knit with.

That pretty much sums it up for me!

Seriously though, what I really like is diversity. I don't like knitting with the same fibers over and over. I use anything and everything. And I find choosing the right yarn for the right project to be the most difficult part of knitting.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
I Karaoke, too! I've made a scarf and sweater with it! I can't say it's my favorite, though, because Merino and Alpaca share space in my heart, too.

Addi Turbo are my favorite needles, by far.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
knason4
Ribbing the Cuff

Ingrid, I haven't tried a true Merino, only the Merino Frappe. I haven't had the courage to spend the money on Alpaca yet, but I have had the chance to drool over it at my lys. I will have to try them both. As for the Addi turbo needles, I haven't even seen them before! Did you get them at your lys or online?

Javaknitter on Ravelry
knason4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #5
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
My favorite straight needles are Boyes, and my favorite circulars so far are Inox's. I like any kind of yarn really, mostly soft acrylics though. Working with wool after awhile, my fingers tend to feel like they have been brush burnt, and that's not a good feeling.
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Originally Posted by knason4
Ingrid, I haven't tried a true Merino, only the Merino Frappe. I haven't had the courage to spend the money on Alpaca yet, but I have had the chance to drool over it at my lys. I will have to try them both. As for the Addi turbo needles, I haven't even seen them before! Did you get them at your lys or online?
Addis are the talk of the town around here! The cord is so flexible and the needles are slick. There are available at yarn shops, but I've gotten mine on line, usually from www.yarnware.com because they have them in stock and they're fast. You can get them cheaper--there's an ebay source that's popular, but I don't do ebay. They cost more than most other needles, but they're so well made and are guaranteed for life. I consider them an investment that will be with me for the long haul.

The only ones I've had trouble with are the size 17--they're made differently from the others and the design is poor, IMHO.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
lol do a search for addis on this site and you will see the well documented love many of us have for them! i also am very happy with my Denise needles.

i am pretty into any yarn that looks interesting to me, feels good, and isn't ridiculously expensive. i will spend insane (in my mind) on yarn i like but $20 is about my limit and it has to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good for that! I am a big fan of just about anything from Brown Sheep. and really dislike anything that falls into the realm of novelty yarns. I have a few that i have bought thinking i would find something fun to do with them but i end up not enjoying them because i find they are a pain to work with. :rollseyes:
Old 03-16-2006, 06:47 PM   #8
Treeling
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to Treeling Send a message via MSN to Treeling Send a message via Yahoo to Treeling
Oh, the yarn I love to love is Knit Pick's "Ambrosia" which is 80% Baby Alpaca and 20% Cashmere... Rich, sherbert-y colors, wonderful soft "hand." I recently completed my first project in it, a scarf, and it is SUCH a pleasure to wear it. And it was also wonderful to knit with. No brush burn, guaranteed!
Old 03-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #9
Treeling
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to Treeling Send a message via MSN to Treeling Send a message via Yahoo to Treeling
Oh, the yarn I love to love is Knit Pick's "Ambrosia" which is 80% Baby Alpaca and 20% Cashmere... Rich, sherbert-y colors, wonderful soft "hand." I recently completed my first project in it, a scarf, and it is SUCH a pleasure to wear it. And it was also wonderful to knit with. No brush burn, guaranteed!
Old 03-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #10
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Originally Posted by CarmenIbanez
I love the kind of needles that you can knit yarn with. Oh and I love that yarn that you can use needles to knit with.

I like my Denises and my Addis, but haven't used either one long enough to have a favorite. Pretty much the same with yarn. I know what I don't like..cheap acrylics, wools and some cottons. Cotton blends are nice though!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote