Old 03-22-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
hedgewick
1st Leg of the Journey

Got my knitpicks colorcards yesterday...nice but disapointed
Ok, I'm kinda disapointed. I got my knitpicks yarn samples yesterday in shine, shine worsted and crayon. The colors are great and the yarn feels very soft! The problem is that I didn't expect the yarn to be so thin. I'm glad I didn't just order a bunch of it and then find out. I would still LOVE to make something with it (hat maybe) but the baby blanket I was planning is out I'm afraid. If I use these yarns I'll be knitting for months (if I'm lucky) :-( .

So, What else can I use for a blanket that is 100% cotton, heavier weight, comes in nice colors and is reasonably cheap...yeah, I'm not asking to much...LOL!
hedgewick is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
Quietheart
1st Leg of the Journey

I love Cotton Tots for 100% cotton, heavier yarn to make baby items. It's so soft, fairly inexpensive and comes in great colors.

Kath
Quietheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Cotton Tots is quite nice. I did several little things for my granddaughter with it when she was a baby :D Cotton Tots is about the same weight as KP's Crayon, I believe. I loved working with Crayon when I made a little outfit for my granddaughter, but have never done a blanket in it. I did do this mitered square poncho for her & I guess it took about a week to complete & I'm guessing that in the long run it's a bit smaller than the average baby blanket...but very, very soft :D
Hopefully you will find what you are looking for quickly KnitPicks has new bulky cotton yarn, I think that it's handwash, need to double check
EDIT I checked @ knitpicks and found that their new spinnaker yarn is yummy looking, but handwash (in case that is an issue)...but it sure is yummy looking :D

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
kristinw
Turning the Heel

You could still use it for a blanket and just use 2 strands. I am making a blanket now that way and I love how it is coming out.

My knitting blog: The Knit of It

I'm kristin on
kristinw is offline   Reply With Quote