Old 03-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
Sweet_Thang
Ribbing the Cuff

Purchasing Circular Needles
Good Morning!!

My DH has told me that I can purchase some circular needles to add to my newest addiction. Currently, I have the following ( for a project that I am working on)

size 8, 32 inches
size 8, 40 inches

If you have the ability to purchase a couple more, what sizes would you buy??

TIA

Lexie
:XX:

SweetThang - pls add my as your friend!
Sweet_Thang is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
an interchangeable set!!!! Look here for a big ol' discussion about interchangeables. it may be more than he is thinking you will spend but in the long run you will save a bunch of money!

I have had both sets but recently sold my Boye sets. I loved them, don't get me wrong...but i just liked the Denise set better.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
cindyloowho
Ribbing the Cuff

The interchangeable sets seem like a nice idea. Especially when you start to use circulars for everything instead of straight needles. I recommend that you not buy any until you need them for a project. You inevitably buy a size that seems common and it wont be what you need for your next project you just have to do. WE all have tools and yarn we thought we would need and ended up not using . I dont feel so bad about spending money when I wait and buy exactly what I need when I need it.
I learned this from watching my mother overbuy and tell me she regrets not only buying what she needed and also keeping tally of what she had before she bought again. I bought her a circular needle organizer and she has 5 size #8...all the same length. She cringed at all the repeats she has bought over the years.

Enjoy your new addiction...I know I am!

Cindy
cindyloowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

Another vote for interchangables here too. My DH bought mine and the sticker shock sure got him. But when he saw how much I and use mine, he didn't mind. *THEN* I told him how much each "pair" of circs I already have had cost... he couldn't believe how good of a deal the set was!

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
NinaT
Knitting the Flap

Another vote for Interchangeables
I got my Boye's at Michaels and used the 40% coupon. It came to about $42. I them! If you buy them one at a time they usually cost between $4-$5. Even the Denise's end up being a huge bargain if you look at how much it costs to have every size needle in 4 different lengths.
NinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
also if you have a hobby lobby close to you, right now they have a 40% coupon on their website so their cost would be around $42. You can find them for around $35 on Ebay if you look around, and hobby lobby always is putting the needles on sale for 50% off so you can find the Boyes at great prices.

I think the Denises round around $45 just about everywhere.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #7
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Denise's are all about the same since they require you to sell them at a minimum price. If you decide you want to get them, I have them at my new store and I am offering a 10% discount coupon for the first 10 KH customers. Just use the code khmar06 at checkout.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #8
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
OMG Kempy! I didnt know you opened an online store!!!! YAYYYYYYY for you!!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #9
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Thanks KK! It's really JUST happened. I've been thinking about it and gathering information for a while, but I finally decided to jump in. I hope this isn't the stupidest thing I've ever done!
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote