Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Friskums

FO: Scarf and hat [edit:Sand Stitch scarf and hat]
Just finished these for my friend George's birthday. (The heart pillow I posted previously is actually for a grad present...I don't know why I posted it wrong. )

Yarn: Plymouth Encore Mega Colorspun #7123 ( I this yarn and color. I almost don't want to give it to her it's so nice! )

Pattern: I don't know if it's an actual pattern or if it's been posted by someone else. I started off going to do a scrunchable scarf, but I didn't like that the stitches came out differently. So, I ditched one of the stitches and did this:
Cast on 20 stitches.
Row 1: Knit and Purl across entire row.
Row 2: Knit across entire row.
Worked those two rows until I got about 60 inches. Used 3 balls of the yarn and one for the hat.
I did about an inch of 1x1 ribbing on the hat. On the smooth side, you can hardly tell, and on the bumpy side it's only a little more noticeable. Oh well.

The really neat thing is that I tried to hide the yarn joins and seams in the hat so that they are reversible. And it came out pretty well.

One side is all bumpy feeling, and the other is nice and smooth. I like the look of both. The scarf has fringes too, but the pic I took of them was all blurry.

Anyway, enough with the blathering, here's the pics! (Be warned, there's a few.)

Smooth sides:

Bumpy sides:

Close up of both sides: