Old 04-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #261
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,797 Times in 7,157 Posts
Originally Posted by KatyKoolkat
That's cute, Jan, but what I was thinking was to take 4L milk carton lids and knit some sort of cover onto them.....like a drawstringie thing with the open circle on the inside of the lid....I hope you can visualize it!!

K
Oh I see what you mean. Getting it stay flat might be a problem, but it's worth a try!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #262
KatyKoolkat
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to KatyKoolkat
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to start the hat this weekend!! I am very excited!! Also, I still need to figure out how to cover my milk carton lids to make the pieces for the checkers set. Ideas gratefully accepted!!

Katy
KatyKoolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #263
KatyKoolkat
Knitting the Flap

Solution found!!! For the checkers on the board, I will felt a big piece of fabric, and sew the fabric onto the caps!! I will let you know how it comes out!

K
Old 05-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #264
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Hey, Jul! I finally finished our 17-yr old friend's clogs! I bet he's 18 by now, no?
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:36 AM   #265
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
As you might have noticed, I've been a bit ... uh ... absent of late. :rollseyes: It has just been insanely busy around our household the past few weeks, and I find myself w/out the time or energy to devote to KH like I have in the past. Honestly, that's probably a good thing, but I do miss chatting with everyone here.

Katy ... the checkerboard sounds really neat! I'm thinking they might just want to use it in the Childlife Center instead of passing it on, but we'll see.

And, Kelly, even though dear Patrick might be 18, he'd still love that someone made something for him! I think he's actually done w/ his chemo now. Thank God!

We are going to be @ the Outpatient Clinic on Tues. ... I wish I could say for sure that we could swing over & pick up the cloggies, but I don't know if we'll have the time. As you know, we're heading to Disney on Thurs, and we have something to do every darn day between now and then, and I don't know HOW I'm going to get everything packed and all the laundry done, etc etc ... I guess it will get done, or we'll just leave w/out it.

OK ... we'll work something out w/ the cloggers ... I'll give you a call next week or somethin. <sigh> I need to go to bed ... ttys!!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #266
KatyKoolkat
Knitting the Flap

Well, Julie, it is fine with me if they want to keep it....I'll just think of something else for him!!!

K
Old 05-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #267
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Katy --

I'll make sure they know it's for Todd. ;-) And, actually, it would probably be better if it went to him, anyway, because they have to disinfect all the toys after someone uses them. I guess my point before was that they're gonna LOVE it! They've been so amazed by the stuff you all have made. I don't think they knew that all of these unique items could be made simply by "knitting." :D

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #268
KatyKoolkat
Knitting the Flap

True enough (about the disinfection).. I worked in daycare once upon a time, and that's what they had to do every afternoon while the kids were sleeping!! Not my idea of fun, but very necessary!

K