Old 06-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #1
sop 1
1st Leg of the Journey

Shoulder decrease on Albion vest
I need help! :rollseyes: I am making the Oat Couture Albion vest. The back is finished with shoulder stitches on holders. I have worked the pattern from the beginning of the armhole shaping on the left side to the point that I have the number of stitches left on the needle that should be put on a holder (22 sts) but still need about 4 more inches of shoulder to get to the point of joining the seams (10 1/2 inches from the beginning of the armhole shaping.) I can't decrease anymore or the seam stitches won't match. Should I just keep knitting the same pattern and leave out the K2tog part until I get the side long enough??? That seems logical to me as the 22sts will be maintained but thought I'd run this by an expert before charging on. I have already had to frog the entire left side once and don't want to make a move til I know if my hunch is correct! :rollseyes: Thanks!
Sop 1 in NC
:XX:

sop 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-17-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Once you have finished your decreases as stated by the pattern, you just continue on in pattern without decreases until you reach the required length. So your stitch count from that point on will not change so that once you arrive at the shoulders you are able to join them perfectly stitch for stitch.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
sop 1
1st Leg of the Journey

Albion Vest
Thank you soooooo much Knitqueen! :D That's what seemed logical to me but then my logic does'nt always pan out with knitting!! Inever cease to be amazed by how quickly and nicely my questions are answered on this forum. I'll bet it's nice in western Canada. It's hot as blazes here!
Sop 1 in NC
:XX:

sop 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

As far as weather, it has been sooo unpredictable this spring. We have had a few days that were quite warm (I wouldn't say hot, yet) but lots of cloudy/windy/rainy days too. I can't wait until we get a nice long stretch of summer weather! :D

Glad I could help with your question! You had the right idea, it's just nice to get that second opinion, isn't it? Especially when you're already frogged once! All knitter's understand that. :XX: