Old 07-26-2006, 10:16 AM   #41
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

Hrmmm... this is tempting... I need another project, like I need a hole in the head...

I just might have to join in on this.

The Knitting Barista

The Sheeps Tale

KnittingBarista on Ravelry
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #42
Virtuella
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to Virtuella
Originally Posted by Lieke
but I still worry about the possibility I finish my socks before my assasin does. Then I have to knit the socks of my target, who probably uses wool.

I guess they won't forbid everyone to use wool, just so I can join :P

(and I don't know if european knitters can also join)
Of course we can join, or I can knit you a pair of cotton socks, and you can knit me a pair! Our own litte european war! :thinking:
Virtuella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #43
burnsie9999
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to burnsie9999
I have a question. If you send out your socks the person who gets them sends you there "unfinished" pair and you have to complete it?

How does that work? What about needles and lossing stitches?

what about no two knitters knit a like?

ugh.. I am so confusssed
burnsie9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #44
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by burnsie9999
I have a question. If you send out your socks the person who gets them sends you there "unfinished" pair and you have to complete it?

How does that work? What about needles and lossing stitches?

what about no two knitters knit a like?

ugh.. I am so confusssed
First, I think you should send your questions to yarnmonkey, I'm sure she'll answer them. In her comments she was asked about yarn requirements:
Quote:
Purse_Ho said...

are there yarn requirements?

4:38 AM

Yarn Monkey said...

The pattern will be chosen by me, and it will come with your dossier. This cuts out any chance of any wee cheeky pre-makes.

It will be a simple, chic one that anyone from novice onwards can attack with gusto.

Now if an assassin wishes to customise their weapon/pattern (e.g. sawn-off shotgun/throwing in a smattering of intarsia) they are more than welcome to. Worth remembering it's kill or be killed out there and time is of the essence.

Purse ho' there are ALWAYS yarn requirements in my life. In this case I will post the weight and tension/gauge required for the pattern when signups close at the beginning of September. For maximum creative juice flow the rest is up to you...
So I think that we all get the same pattern. And we all have to knit at the same gauge, so before we get the pattern you have to figure out what needle size you need. I believe that a dead person would have to put their knitting on waste yarn to send it to their assassin, and the person then has to pick up the stitches with their own needles.

Those are my guesses, anyways.

Welcome to everyone who has volunteered to have me kill them so far!

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:03 AM   #45
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Virtuella
Originally Posted by Lieke
but I still worry about the possibility I finish my socks before my assasin does. Then I have to knit the socks of my target, who probably uses wool.

I guess they won't forbid everyone to use wool, just so I can join :P

(and I don't know if european knitters can also join)
Of course we can join, or I can knit you a pair of cotton socks, and you can knit me a pair! Our own litte european war! :thinking:
well, that's a possibility.

I just received an email from yarn monkey and they don't know a solution to my allergy, due to the randomness of the war. So I probably will end up with a pair of useless socks (which I could give away for christmas, according to yarn monkey).

I'll have to think about joining, but knitting each other a pair also sounds like fun, although it would take the fun of the fear of getting killed away.
Lieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:33 AM   #46
betweenshades
Ribbing the Cuff

I just joined- it sounds fun! :D

I think that there will be a lot of stitch-holders in use during this thing.
betweenshades is offline   Reply With Quote