Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
jentrom
Casting On

Baby Booties Help Needed - D. Bliss baby cashmerino
I am making baby booties for a knitting friend - a first time mom. Never did I think these things would be so h-a-r-d.

They are the pink sandals in the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino Book. I am at the end of the pattern and can't for the life of me figure out what this means. I have already been to my LYS for help twice on previous parts of the pattern so any help would be appreciated.

I knitt the base of the bootie - then I knit the front strap...
(here is the stuff I don't understand)
Join sole and back heel seam.
With right side facing, beg and end within 9sts of back seam, k up 18 sts along heel for ankle strap (How do I know where to start and what does it mean to k up?)
NEXT ROW: cast on 22 (into the base of the shoe or just free standing cast on?), k to end, turn and cast on 4 sts.

Again, thank you!
jentrom is offline   Reply With Quote