Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #1
GennyLynn1962
Instepping Out

My advice to new knitters
I believe I am the newest knitter on this site but would like to pass along something I learned.

Don't worry about being perfect. After getting frustrated (down right mad) with my knitting I decided to 'just knit'. Not worrying about what it looked like, or mistakes, I started knitting nothing in particular, leaving mistakes, and changing stitches along the way.

After I finished about 20 rows I went back and looked at what I done. Then I watched the videos on correcting mistakes and started fixing the problems with what I had done. I figured I had to learn this anyway.

I repeated this until I started being comfortable with the stitches and fixing mistakes.

Although I am still a long way from being what I would call a 'knitter' this helped me get over being frustrated and worrying about everything having to be perfect.

I'm GennyLynn on Ravelry too!

OTN:
Baby blanket in hurdle stitch.
"Hey Teach" for me!
Christmas gifts: mostly kitchen towel sets, and fingerless gloves.
GennyLynn1962 is offline   Reply With Quote