Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
BillSpace
1st Leg of the Journey

Knots in yarn
After reading this post http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ic.php?t=19224, I wanted to complain about buying yarn -- expensive yarn, good yarn -- and finding a knot in it midway through the skein. This happens to me almost every project. Sometimes, I find a knot in every single ball of yarn for a project.

Why is this? Am I just unlucky? Are manufacturers unable to produce a skein of yarn without breaking it off and knotting on another? Has anyone else had this situation?

It's not fatal, but it is annoying to discover, as you're midway through a row, a knot. If you take most knitting books' advice, this means un-knitting to the beginning of the row, cutting out the offending knot, then rejoining. Not so bad in a short row with stockinette; in a long afghan with cables, though, a major pain.
BillSpace is offline   Reply With Quote