Old 10-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
lisse856
Casting On

yorkie sweater
hi all,

i am a not quite beginner knitter and having real trouble understanding the directions for this doggy sweater...the first couple of rows are basic ribbing, knit l, purl l for four rows...next it says to set up...kl, pl, to end of row 3 times...now here is the part i dont understand...for right leg, cast on 6 sts, place remaining stitches on a stitch holder..in the following section you will be working only the right side and leg stitches...you now have 12 sts... WHAT!!!!..lol...there is more confusion...but i would love to get through this..any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks so much....
lisse
lisse856 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

I actually learned to knit making dog sweaters, so if you could give me more of the pattern, or a link to the pattern I could help you.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
lisse856
Casting On

yorkie sweater
thanks so much for your reply...i was kinda rude as i really didnt introduce myself which is what i will do in the next post...i apologize to everyone for that...the doggy sweater i am knitting is from a new book by candi jensen...called knitting loves crochet...the instructions are as follows;
SECTION 1
Set up (kl, pl) to end of row 3 times
for right leg, cast on 6 sts
place remaining stitches on a stitch holder. in the following section, you will be working only the right side and leg stitches. you now have 12 sts.
Row l-knit the leg stitches then pl, kl to end of row.
Row 2-maintain the kl, pl ribbing as established, the knit the leg stitches(6 sts)
Next rows-ending with a right side row, repeat rows l and 2 until lenght from beginning of leg(cast on stitches) measures 2"
next row-at the beginning of the next row, bind off the leg stitches(6 sts)
finish-place remaining stitches on a stitch holder
Old 10-24-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Okay, well I thought that if I had more of the pattern, I would be able to help more, but I am not sure I understand that at all. Have you been online at all to see if there are any corrections for the book? That is usually the first thing I do. Then if I find out there are no corrections for the pattern, I ask Ingrid here on this forum.

Let me see if I can find any corrections.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:12 PM   #5
lisse856
Casting On

yorkie sweater
yea,i went to the authors website to see if there were any corrections, but i didnt see any there...anyway thanks for your help...i will just keep trying!