Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #1
cookworm
Working the Gusset

OT - Fashionally challenged! Help!
I need some help from my knitting diva friends!!! I'm in a "fashion crisis". I'm a stay-at-home mom, "thirty-ish", and I guess I figured that jeans and T-shirts were going to be okay to wear forever. Well, I'm feeling more and more like I need some "adult" style as I get older, but I don't even know where to begin to start to find out what is out there. My stuff in my closet is SOOOO outdated (not even the point of being a neat "vintage" look--just plain ugly, and not updateable by adding accessories)...I have stuff in there from like 9 years ago (why I'm hanging onto it, I'll never know!), and I'm about 30 pounds more than I'd like to be, so I guess I figured if I dressed baggy, it would somehow do me a favor (it doesn't). Although I'm 30 pounds heavier than I should be, I'm pretty well proportioned, so I can carry it off a little bit, so I don't know why I'm going with the burlap sack look! I'm tired of being frumpy and feeling like I look disheveled. I mean, I'm a stay-at-home mom, and yeah, we have a very tight budget, but it doesn't mean I have to look like a bag lady, does it? :( Where can I go to get an update or a fashion "makeover"? Are there magazines that are out there to help (any ones in particular?)? What about free websites? I have more "classic" taste and I'm not really into trends, so anything geared along those lines would be really helpful.

I'm on flickr, too!
I love to knit shawls...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls!
cookworm is offline   Reply With Quote