Old 01-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
sos710mh
Casting On

Knitting from Graph, Stranding Method
Hi, I'm new to posting, but I've lurked the board for a while! I learned to knit from Amy's videos and I am SOO thankful that she gave her time to make these videos. They have been great.
I am now working on a skirted soaker for my baby girl to be and I want to add some pattern to it. I have a couple graphs that I'm looking at using that are small (6-8 rows tall and 4-5 sts long) and meant for a different pattern. I'm wanting to translate this to my skirt pattern and they are good for stranding method, which I've figured out how to do already.
I was thinking in order to make the graph work, I would need to take how many sts I have in my pattern and figure out how many times to repeat my graph. Then I would figure out how many sts to add between each repeat to make it fit perfectly around (I'm knitting the skirt in the round) Sorry I don't have any pics. I hope this makes sense. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
sos710mh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
You're figuring it exactly right!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
sos710mh
Casting On

Kool, I was up forever thinking of how to make it fit! I hope it comes out nice!! I'll post once I finish.
sos710mh is offline   Reply With Quote