Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
Casting On
ionictoaster's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
centered double decrease on a hat ?
So. Because I have a habit of feeding my frustration by knitting without a pattern, I'm making a nice little hat. I want to do an interesting little decrease at the top, to make it look something like this:

(taken from the Schmeebot website)

I decided I wanted to make this quite a while ago, but I gave up because I was too confused on what was going on

I'm attempting it for real this time though. My only problem is that I really just don't know how to do it.

From a little researching, it looks like you just use a "centered double decrease", explained on this site as slip2, k1, slip both slipped stitches over.

Starting with 80sts, I was thinking, knitting every other round:

*k17, centered double dec*
*k15, centered double dec*
*k13, centered double dec*
...etc etc

Is this right? Anybody have ANY ideas at all?

Thanks =)
ionictoaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with YO Double Decrease Rockeesmom How-to Questions 2 01-19-2011 01:20 PM
Double Decrease clarification needed myrnapap How-to Questions 8 12-21-2007 11:13 PM
Help with double decrease verykerry How-to Questions 3 01-31-2007 04:32 PM
Mitered Double Decrease wallflower How-to Questions 3 01-04-2007 04:20 PM
full fashioned double decrease kjrale General Knitting 1 02-05-2005 08:14 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.