Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
suuuueee
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to suuuueee Send a message via MSN to suuuueee
what can i make with 100g/246yd of dk merino wool?
http://knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420147/yarn_display

that's precisely what i have. my first skein of "real" yarn! (in otherwords, not acrylic)

would i be able to knit a nice, comfortable hat? (as in not skin tight. L O O S E) i measured my head the other day to be around 23.25 inches. (i think that's pretty big... haha) i'm still a relatively newbie knitter, so i'm thinking ribbing, then a bajillion rows of stockinette, and then decreases.

or perhaps a pair of nice, plain, ribbed cuff, stockinette mittens? i have short, but wide hands. (7.5" circumference around knuckles and about 6.5" from my wrist to the tip of my middle finger)

i'm already making a scarf (vogue lace leaf but with worsted weight), & don't plan on making another.

so. you think i can pull it off? i think i can do the hat, not so sure about the mittens.