Old 01-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
KimHo32
Casting On

Pattern help
I'm making a baby boy sweater that includes a Star Stitch. I'm having trouble figuring out one row in the pattern:

P1, *p3, pass first of these 3 sts over the other 2 sts, m1; rep from * to last 2 sts, p2

My question is, I only knit 4 stitches at the beginning of the row and it's telling me to pass the first 3 over the other 2 - but there are only 4 stitches!

Any help here would be great and much appreciated! I just started and I'm already stuck : )

Thanks!
KimHo32 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Re: Pattern help
Originally Posted by KimHo32
P1, *p3, pass first of these 3 sts over the other 2 sts, m1; rep from * to last 2 sts, p2
It's only telling you to pass the first stitch of the 'p3' over the other two. So you will P1, then *p3, pass the stitch that is current the third stitch on your right needle over the first and second stitches and off the needle, then m1; repeat from * to last 2 stitches, p2. So you are only passing one stitch over and off on each repeat of the *......*

Does that help?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
KimHo32
Casting On

Yes, that helps! I feel like an idiot - it seems so obvious to me now : ) Thank you very much for offering your help!!
KimHo32 is offline   Reply With Quote